- Supervisor referrals must be confidential including requirements to take a RS drug/alcohol test and referrals to the EAP.
- Assure the employee that issues discussed will not be shared and/or made public.
- If an employee shares something in confidence, the supervisor must protect the disclosure.
Safeguarding Employee Confidentiality
- Apply the policy consistently and fairly.
- Investigate all alleged violations.
- Provide due process and opportunity for the employee to respond to any allegations.
- Ensure quality control – again refer to your company testing policy and procedures.